It was a great 3-day stretch for Dublin High Athletics which saw the Girls Volleyball team win the Irvington Tournament, Girls Tennis remain unbeaten, Girls Golf pull off a dramatic victory, Boys and Girls Water Polo improvement, and Cross Country post some quality results against a strong field of competition.
The success for the Girls Volleyball team began on Thursday where they avenged a road loss to Granada last season by dropping the Matadors in 4 sets. Dublin proceeded to sweep the first three matches of pool play against Irvington, Willow Glen, and Del Mar to make the Gold Division Semifinals. The Gaels defeated Irvington again and then knocked off Palo Alto in the Finals. In the team’s 5 tournament victories, the Gaels did not drop a single set and takes a 6-match win streak into it’s next contest at home against Livermore on Tuesday, September 20th at 6:30
The Girls Tennis team also improved to 3-0 after going on the road to beat San Ramon Valley on September 15th. Dublin is now slated to host defending East Bay Athletic League champion Amador Valley on Tuesday, September 20th at 4:00.
In other action on Thursday, the Girls Golf team improved from an early season 214-209 defeat to Foothill by pulling off a narrow 196-198 win at their home Dublin Ranch course. Two other teams showing improvement were the Boys and Girls Water Polo teams, as the Girls improved from their first ever game in program history where they scored 1 goal to score 11 goals in their loss to Monte Vista. The Boys also narrowed their margin of defeat from their program’s inaugural contest.
The Boys and Girls Cross Country teams were also in action this weekend, running in the De La Salle Nike Invitational at Newhall Park in Concord, which is the exact same course that the East Bay Athletic League Championships will be held in November. Some of the highlighted results are as follows:
- Boys 3 Mile Junior Varsity 2nd Place Medalists; Individual Medalists:
- 11th – Kye Farrell (senior – 17:57)
- 13th – Tyler Mann (junior – 17:59)
- 14th – Kevin Pedregosa (sophomore – 17:59)
- 17th – Fagu Jiang (junior – 18:03)
- Girls Varsity Individual Medalist
- 23rd – Medha Gowda (senior – 19:19)
- Boys Varsity 6th Place Medalists
- 8th – Nathan Manesh (senior – 15:40)
- Boys 3 Mile Junior Varsity Overflow Team Champions; Individual Medalists:
- 3rd – Zayaan Lalani (sophomore – 18:22)
- 4th – Won Choi (junior – 18:38)
- 7th – Hayden Choi (freshman – 19:02)
- 10th – Brandon Maskey (senior – 19:12)
- 11th – Daniel Pham (sophomore – 19:19)
- 13th – Tristan Huang (freshman – 19:27)
- 20th – Dominic Yep (sophomore – 19:52)