Dublin High Junior Kaitlin Lee continued to build on her legacy as one of the most successful swimmers in school history by qualifying for the CIF State Meet in both the 200m and 500m Freestyle at this weekend’s North Coast Section (NCS) meet at Concord Community Pool. Lee will also find out on Monday whether her 200m Freestyle Relay team with Hannah Nguyen, Paige Nothelfer, and Elaina Robinson also qualified for next weekend’s CIF State Meet in Fresno as they are currently under consideration based upon their strong performance this weekend.
Two other Dublin High student-athletes with strong performances this week include Darsh Patel and Dario Diaz on the Boys Golf team. Patel and Diaz were among the top finishers at the East Bay Athletic League Golf Tournament, and were selected to compete in the North Coast Section Division 2 Tournament on Monday, May 8th for a chance to move up to the Division 1 Tournament the following week.
The Dublin High School Varsity Baseball team also enjoyed success on Saturday, as they outlasted Newark Memorial to win their season finale on Senior Day 2-1 in 8 innings. Senior Cole Gaynor notched 13 strikeouts over 7 innings and then Brendon Moddelmog came in on relief for the final inning to preserve the victory. Carston Pearson was walked with the bases loaded to score the winning run.
With the victory, Dublin finished the regular season with an overall record of 16-8. The win total eclipses last season’s mark of 15 wins and is the most the Gaels have posted since winning the NCS Division 3 Championship in 2006. Dublin will be off for the upcoming week and will wait to see where they are seeded for the NCS Playoffs after the Committee meets next Saturday (May 13th).
In other Senior Day highlights, five members of the Dublin High School club Hockey Team were honored before their final game at Dublin Iceland on Saturday afternoon. Despite falling to De La Salle, the Hockey team still qualified for the playoffs and will be back in action on May 20th.
Dublin High Varsity Softball also wrapped up its season this weekend, losing a narrow 6-4 decision on the road to an NCS-bound Livermore squad that reached the Semifinals last season.
The other major event taking place over the weekend was the East Bay Athletic League Track and Field Championships. The Boys and Girls teams each had a solid showing, as they both finished in 3rd place in EBAL. A summary of top finishers and NCS qualifiers from the EBAL Meet is listed below:
- Victoria Bradley (Girls Pole Vault)
- Leila Champion (Girls 100, 200)
- Alexander Franco (Boys 400, 200 2nd)
- Lanae Garrison (Girls 100 Hurdles, G300 Hurdles 3rd)
- Girls 4×100 (Hannah Doria-Leila Champion-Angelica Gomes-Aaliyah Hasni)
- Boys 4×400 (Manyu Yara- Joshua Arevalo-Sebastian Guinther-Alexander Franco)
- Boys 100 Unified (Avi Taneja & Elijah McDaniel)
- Boys Long Jump Unified (Avi Taneja & Sebastian Zavala)
- Boys 4×100 Unified (Yashas Vissapragada-Avi Taneja-Jayden Musset-Akhil Kakollu)
- Syed Ali Ahmer (B300 Hurdles 5th)
- Sydney Brown (Girls Pole Vault 6th)
- Elijah Colley (Boys Pole Vault, 6th)
- Sebastian Guinther (Boys 200 5th)
- Aaliyah Hasni (Girls 200 3rd)
- Zoe Homan (Girls Shot Put 3rd)
- Michelle Hong (Girls Triple Jump 4th, High Jump 4th)
- Miranda Howeth (Girls Pole Vault 5th)
- Seth Kwan (Boys 300 Hurdles 3rd)
- Cynthia Lin (Girls Pole Vault 4th)
- Matthew Loo (BPV 5th)
- Nathaniel Maddox (B110H 2nd, BLJ 5th)
- Benjamin Thomas (BTJ 6th)
- Ava Varo (Girls Long Jump, 5th)
- Boys 4×100 (4th: Sebastian Guinther-Garrett Esomonu-Syed Ali Ahmer-Alexander Franco)
- Boys 4×800 (6th: Won Choi-Kaden Wong-Tyler Mann-Advait Jagannathan)
All of the Champions and Medalists qualified for the NCS Tri-Valley Meet. Here are the additional qualifiers from Dublin:
- Aaron Adamos (B300H)
- Joshua Arevalo (B400)
- Laasya Balupari (G3200)
- Cayden Bennett (B110H)
- Alely Chavarria Gomez (G4x100)
- Kathryn Chee (G4x100, G4x400)
- Preston Chiu (BLJ, BTJ)
- Hayden Choi (B4x400)
- Kassidy Dang (G4x400)
- Rahul Dutta (B4x800)
- Kiki Feng (GTJ)