Dublin High School will once again be the host site for the prestigious North Coast Section (NCS) Track and Field Meet of Champions (MOC) on Friday, May 19th and Saturday, May 20th. The action begins at 2:00 p.m. on Friday and 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, with top finishers slated to advanced to next weekend’s California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) State Meet at Buchanan High School in Clovis.
In addition to hosting the event, Dublin High student-athletes will also be well-represented after a strong showing at last Saturday’s NCS Tri-Valley Meet. The NCS Tri-Valley Meet consisted of top finishers from the East Bay Athletic League, Diablo Athletic League, and Bay Valley Athletic League with the right to advance to the MOC on the line.
Coming off of great performances on last year’s NCS Championship team, Dublin High Senior Alexander Franco is having continued success and shined at the Tri-Valley Meet. Franco took 1st place in the 400m and ran a speedy final leg in the 4x400m Relay to help lead his team that consisted of Manyu Yara, Joshua Arevalo, and Sebastian Guinther to a 1st place finish. Other 1st place finishers for Dublin at the Tri-Valley Meet included Elijah McDaniel and Ani Taneja in the Boys 100 Unified.
Other highlights from the Tri-Valley Meet included a historic performance by the Dublin Girls’ 4×100 Relay team of Hannah Doria, Leila Champion, Angelica Gomes, and Aaliyah Hasni, as they set a school record with a time of 48.69 that was good for 2nd place. Champion also finished in 2nd in both the Girls 100m and Girls 200m races. Other 2nd place finishers at the Tri-Valley Meet included EBAL Girls Pole Vault champion Victoria Bradley and the Boys 4×100 Unified Relay team of Yashas Vissapragada, Taneja, Jayden Musset, and Akhil Kakollu.
Ticket information for this weekend’s Meet of Champions along with the event program, ongoing live results, and complete list of Dublin High athletes who will be competing can be found below:
- NCS Meet of Champions Qualifiers
- Boys 4×100 Unified (Yashas Vissapragada-Avi Taneja-Jayden Musset-Akhil Kakollu) – 2nd
- Girls 4×100 Relay 2nd place (Hannah Doria-Leila Champion-Angelica Gomes-Aaliyah Hasni); 48.69 new DHS record!
- Girls 100H – Rachel Okwudiafor Johnson – 6th
- Boys 110H – Nathaniel Maddox – 3rd
- Boys 400 – Alexander Franco – Champion
- Girls 100 – Leila Champion – 2nd
- Boys 100 Unified – Elijah McDaniel & Ani Taneja (champions), Stuart Kwan & Akhil Kakollu (9th)
- Girls 200 – Leila Champion – 2nd
- Boys 200 – Alexander Franco – 3rd
- Boys 4×800 Relay (Aidan Stone-Tristan Gan-Won Choi-Kaden Wong) – 7th
- Boys 4×400 Relay (Manyu Yara-Joshua Arevalo-Sebastian Guinther-Alexander Franco) – Champions
- Boys Pole Vault – Matthew Loo (4th) & Elijah Colley (6th)
- Girls Pole Vault – Victoria Bradley (2nd) & Sydney Brown (5th)
- Girls Triple Jump – Michelle Hong (3rd)
- Boys Long Jump Unified – Sebastian Zavala & Avi Taneja (3rd), Revanth Guda & Akhil Kakollu (8th)